The orientation of outdooring in Teshie now

 The orientation of outdooring a child has changed in Teshie maamli


Outingdooring a child  in Teshie maamli is becoming something different over the past few years now after  the usual naming after seven days, they wait for three months and have another  outing dooring. 

Doing an outdooring once is something known to all  cultures in Ghana 

 but now  to the people of Teshie they have another one they do  and it's mostly done at night.

Yes now for sometime now if u are having an outingdooring and you don't do the evening one it feels like u have not done anything, it's like making a statement now it tells your friends that u really know what u are about and u are super happy you are blessed with a child now even if it's not your first child, says Kai 

Now that evening outdooring they do I really don't know why it's done because you have named your child already so why do a second one and at night too, I dont think I would do the same with I give birth even thought appeal for funds are organized at these evening outdooring I still think it's a waste of resources, Ruth says 

Even though at the end of these evening outdooring the couple walks away with enough money (sometimes) because appeal funds are done for the child I feel it's not necessary because its organized like a birthday party and mostly because it's done in the evening the baby they are celebrating is not even present and some people just come and drink, dance and eat and leave without supporting the baby with any gift, Naa ashiley says 

Naming a child is unique to every child but with this new trend of the people in Teshie maamli it's becoming something no other tribe can adopt. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contraceptives being popular among the wrong gender

Is Ghana really a democracy

Cultivating the habit reading is key to development