Contraceptives being popular among the wrong gender
Contraceptives are popular among the wrong gender
Contraceptives for men are not many unlike the ones for women and most at times women are those that are mostly educated on contraception use, but a woman can get pregnant once a year but a man can get as many women pregnant as he pleases.
Through history it has become a norm that women are responsible for birth control and contraception.
Talking to women on the streets of lascala in Teshie it shows that most families who are involved in family planning and birth control usually have the woman carrying out that responsibility. It's either she is on the pill, or she has IuD or if she misses her daily pills takes emergency contraception and most of the men don't like condoms.
"hmm, my husband tells me that when he uses condoms he feels uncomfortable so I am on the daily pills, secure specifically but taking pills every day makes me very uncomfortable sometimes I wish my husband was on the pill rather so I shouldn't be worrying about not missing a pill or not " says Naa Dromo
I like the family planning idea but I have a lot of head aches, my beasts are always tender and I have major mood swings, sometimes I was my husband was rather on some iud for men rather than me, Atwei laments .
Mary says that she wishes all the family planning are family is going through would be the sole responsibility of her husband because for years she has been dealing with side effects and he refuses to use a condom because he believes they are married so why should they use a condom.
Contraception is a good thing but the woman say they are tired of being the ones who have to play a bigger role in family planning because it makes their system go through too much changes.
Comments
Post a Comment